Saturday, June 21, 2014

6/21/14

Yesterday was the last day of Spring.  Today Summer begins, which is a big deal for several reasons. Foremost is that the days start to get shorter from now until December 21, which was my parents wedding anniversary.  My mother, who was a very Christian woman, would remind everyone how Dec 21 had the longest night.  It was a very important thing to her.  So tonight, being the shortest night, makes me think about my parents too.  But yesterday made me think about them for a completely different reason.  Barb & I got in our car yesterday morning and drove the 82 miles from our camper in Radium Hot Springs in British Columbia up and over the continental divide & the Alberta/BC line to Banff National Park.  My father was a seriously patient photographer his whole life, and Banff & Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia were on his Bucket List of places to visit for many, many years.  He visited Banff years ahead of Bay of Fundy.  He was almost reverent in his descriptions of Banff.  So yesterday, when Barb & I walked up & sat down on the benches overlooking Lake Louise, the remembrance of my father sitting on the same place years ago, patiently waiting for the crowd to part so he could get that perfect picture of the emerald water and the glorious surroundings.  It is almost impossible to get a picture that reflects how beautiful Lake Louise is, but you try.  I don't think I even came close.  The beauty of this place is hard to describe, let alone capture with a single shot with a camera.  Here are a couple of my attempts, I am going to try again in the next few days to get a better time & get some better ones, as we are there for 2 more days...we shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment